Beginning April 7, 2023, Hobbits Glen Golf Club will expand the existing lottery reservation system to book tee times for Mondays and Fridays. We are implementing this to help ensure the most fair system of awarding tee times to our members.
CA golf courses use a tee time system for most scheduling tee times. The system is used for all days at Fairway Hills and for weekdays at Hobbit’s Glen. See below for Hobbit’s Glen weekend registration.
CA members may reserve a tee time up to eight (8) days in advance. Columbia Cardholders and the Public may reserve tee times up to seven (7) days in advance.
Tee time reservations can be made for Fairway Hills by calling 410-730-1112 option 7 or online. Reservations can be made at Hobbit’s Glen by calling 410-730-5980 .
Hobbit's Glen Reservation Policies
- Reserving a tee time during the week between 7:30am- 2:00pm will require a minimum of 2 golfers. Single golfers cannot reserve a lone tee time before 2:00pm. However, they may join an open tee time that has less than 3 players at any time.
- If a member cannot fulfill a reserved tee time, they must cancel the tee time no later than 5:00 PM the day before the reserved tee time.
- Late cancellations will result in a $20 No-Show Fee (per person), which will be charged to the Member that reserved the tee time.
- No-Show Fees are due immediately and must be paid prior to teeing off. In the event of a complete no show, the Member will not be able to reserve another tee time until the No-Show Fee is paid. Repeat No-Show offenders may be subject to loss of reservation privileges.
Hobbit's Glen Weekend & Holiday Reservations
Who can reserve a tee time?
- 7Day Golf and Golf Fit&Play members may submit requests one week in advance to be entered into the lottery for weekend morning and holiday morning tee times
- All members except for Play and 1Fit members may reserve remaining weekend tee times after the lottery has been drawn by calling on Tuesdays beginning at noon.
Weekend Lottery No-Shows
- If a member cannot fulfill an assigned lottery time, they must cancel the tee time no later than 5:00 PM the day before the allotted tee time(s).
- Late cancellations will result in a $20 No-Show Fee per player slot, charged to the Member that put in the lottery request.
- To avoid No-Show Fees, the pro shop will require an exact headcount for each allotted time.
- If an allotted tee time has less than three 7-Day Members, it will also result in a $20 No-Show Fee per player slot charged to the Member that put in the lottery request.
- A representative of the group completes one form for each desired day of play (Saturday, Sunday or holiday) that lists:
- The names and member numbers of group
- The day of play
- The desired tee time
- Once the lottery window has closed, club staff will assign a Lottery Ball to each lottery request for each day (The Lottery). We will put all of the Lottery Balls into a hopper and draw the Lottery Balls one by one. This will become the “Lottery Order” for assigning tee times for that particular day.
- The club staff will assign tee times as close as possible to the members preferred tee time frame, by order of The Lottery.
- Not every Member will receive a tee time within their preferred tee time range. The Lottery order will ultimately determine how and when the tee times are assigned.
- The group should be a foursome and have at least three Golf-type members.
- If a group has only three members, the staff reserves the right to fill the empty slot.
- If your name is drawn and your group cannot play, you must notify the pro shop by the Thursday preceding the weekend.
- Only one lottery form per group per day is allowed. To request times for both Saturday and Sunday, complete one form for each day.
- To keep play moving for everyone, each group is expected to keep pace with the other golfers. If your group is unable to do so, it may not participate in the following week’s lottery.
- Any lottery form not drawn will go on a waiting list and be assigned a time if:
- There is a cancellation before the Tuesday call-in.
- There are times available after the Tuesday call-in.
- Failure to keep a tee time reservation or cancel in advance are subject to a cancellation /no-show fee and/or loss of future reservation privileges.
Winter weekend starting times
Weekday starting times remain the same.
Due to high volume of play, impending frost delays and to accommodate more players on weekend mornings, we will run Shotgun Starts at 10am (or when the frost clears), beginning the first weekend in December and ending the last weekend in February. The procedure to reserve a hole for the shotgun is as follows:
- 7Day Golf and Golf Fit&Play members may continue to use the lottery procedure.
- All members except for Play and 1Fit members may begin to call in for a reservation in the shotgun beginning Tuesdays at 9am