If you have questions about your membership, please reach out to our Customer Care team at 410-730-1801 or CustomerCare@ColumbiaAssociation.org.
Please notify the Customer Care Team (410-730-1801) immediately if your address, bank, credit/debit card or other membership data changes. By keeping us informed, you will be better served and will avoid service charges or other fees. Any changes made to a membership will go into effect on the next billing date. See below for more details regarding Renewal, Early Resignation and Default Provisions.
The Principal Members acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that they and their Members may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 while on site or participating in classes and activities at a CA facility, and that such exposure or infection may result in bodily injury, illness, permanent disability or death. The Principal Members on their own behalf and on behalf of their Members release, indemnify and hold harmless the CA Indemnities from any claims, loss, liability, or expense, arising out of or related to such COVID-19 exposure or infection.
In the event that CA is unable to collect payment owed for any service, program, or membership, CA shall have the right to:
- Suspend services under this and any other CA agreement to all member(s) on this agreement until the payments due are made, and/or
- Assess a service charge for each check or draft dishonored or credit/debit card charge declined in order to reimburse CA for its collection expenses, and/or
- Amend the monthly deduction authorization or credit/debit card charge contained in this agreement so that any past due amounts may be added to the remaining monthly payments due under the agreement, and/or
- Terminate services covered by this Agreement and collect the entire remainder of the full membership fee as well as a reasonable sum to reimburse CA for its costs of collection.
A family is up to two adults, their tax-dependent children ages 25 or younger, and senior parents ages 65 and over, living at the same address.
Adult disabled children who live with the family and who are claimed as dependents may be added to their family’s membership. Verification is required.
If the membership is Income Qualified, the grandparents may be on the membership but they must either be on the member’s taxes or submit income-qualified documentation in order to be added to the membership. Total income limits per household apply. For more information on income discounts, visit our CA Income Qualified Overview page.
Address verification is required for grandparents as well as adult children. Birth certificates are required for any child whose last name is different from the adults on the membership.
Acceptable forms of address verification include: driver’s license, change of address card, BGE or other utility bills, bank statement, Visa documentation clearly showing home address, mortgage or rental agreement (cannot be a person to person lease).
Early termination does not apply to 5Day Golf&Play, 7Day Golf, Golf Fit&Play, Play or month-to-month memberships.
If you are in a contract, cancellation fees will apply. Fees vary according to your type of membership plan and the remaining term of your contract. Contact the Customer Care Team at 410-730-1801 to speak with a representative who will tell you the cost for early termination of your membership. Non-use does not relieve you of your payment obligation.
It is the policy of the CA to remain open during inclement weather for business and normal facility operations. However, from time to time it may be necessary to close one or more of CA’s facilities or services.
The 24/7/365 inclement weather hotline is available for anyone who would like to be informed of any facility late openings or closings due to weather or emergency related announcements. The hotline number is 410-715-3154.
The principal (main) member of a CA Fit&Play or 1Fit membership may place a freeze on their membership for any reason for a period of 1-3 months. This can be done once within a period of 12 consecutive months. Freezes for medical reasons may freeze up to a maximum of 4 months and require documentation from a medical professional.
Membership freeze request must be submitted by the 15th of each month and will begin on the 18th of the month and applies to full months only.
The member wishes to place a hold on his/her membership:
- The principal member notifies Columbia Association (CA) that they are requesting a freeze by contacting the Customer Care Team at CustomerCare@ColumbiaAssociation.org.
- There is a $10 administrative fee per month assessed if the entire account is frozen, and the contract, if applicable, will be extended by the length of the freeze.
- If anyone in a multi-person membership wishes to remain active, the new billing for the freeze period will reflect the number of active members. (In this instance, the $10 administrative fee will not be applied.)
- When the member is reactivated, they will pay either their current contracted rate or the comparable rate in effect when they return.
- Freezes for medical reasons with documentation from a medical professional on his/her letterhead will not be assessed a $10 administrative fee. Contract will be extended by the term length of the medical freeze. With documentation, the freeze may be applied retroactively up to a maximum of 30 days.
- Freezes for Play and memberships that include Golf are available for medical reasons only.
Membership privileges can be revoked for inappropriate, abusive, threatening, unruly, disruptive or otherwise unacceptable behavior while visiting CA’s facilities or communicating with a CA employee, covenant violations persist on CA assessed property that the Member(s) own(s), or the CA annual charge on property that the Member(s) own(s) or any other financial obligation owed by the Member(s) to CA is delinquent and remains unpaid.
Tampering with a membership card or allowing it to be used improperly is illegal and subject to revocation of membership privileges.
Unless the membership has been paid in full or if it is a Play, Golf Fit &Play, 5Day Golf&Play or 7Day Golf membership, a one-year membership shall automatically renew at the end of the one-year term on a month-to-month basis and thereafter shall continue as a month to month, or the Principal Member(s) may elect to renew for a new one-year term. Month-to-month membership fees may be increased on May 1 each year to the annual new member rate.
Play, Golf Fit &Play, 5Day Golf&Play and 7Day Golf memberships renew on an annual basis and CA must be paid the entire cost of the membership for early termination. One-year memberships will renew at the renewal rate in effect on the renewal date and a renewal contract will be sent for signature.
For all types of memberships, CA will provide notice to members at least 30 days in advance of the increase effective date. Renewal membership fees shall be payable in the same manner as the initial membership fee unless CA agrees in writing to a different manner of payment.
Please notify CA in writing of your intent to terminate 35 days prior to your desired cancellation date.