Join in Columbia Cleanup Day on Saturday, March 30 in all 10 villages
MARCH 27, 2019 — You’ll be amazed — and proud! — at what you and neighbors can accomplish in just a few hours, making the environment healthier and Columbia even more beautiful.
Columbia Cleanup Day will take place on Saturday, March 30 with volunteers simultaneously picking up trash that has accumulated at open space locations in all 10 villages. This is the 10th year that Columbia Cleanup Day has been held since 2009. People who would like to participate can show up at the meeting locations. The meeting locations and cleanup areas are:
- Dorsey’s Search: Meet at Dorsey Hall Pool (4649 Columbia Road). Clean the open space behind Dorsey Hall Pool and the playground area. Cleanup is scheduled from 9am-noon.
- Harper’s Choice: Meet at Swansfield Neighborhood Center (5659 Cedar Lane). Clean the open space area behind Green Dory Lane, Woodenhawk Circle and Berrypick Lane. Cleanup is scheduled from 9am-noon.
- Hickory Ridge: Meet at The Hawthorn Center (6175 Sunny Spring). Clean the open space along the pathway from The Hawthorn Center to Hickory Ridge Road, and the pathway from Wicker Basket Court to Bright Plume. Cleanup is scheduled from 9am-noon.
- Kings Contrivance: Meet at Amherst House (7251 Eden Brook Drive). Clean the open space and natural areas behind Amherst House and near Dickinson Pool. Cleanup is scheduled from 10am-1pm.
- Long Reach: Meet at the cul-de-sac in the 6300 block of Tamar Drive. Clean the pathway and natural area from Tot Lot LR16 to Tot Lot LR15 (adjacent to Footed Ridge). Cleanup is scheduled from 9am-noon. An additional cleanup will be held on Friday, April 5 from 12:30-3:30pm (meet at Stonehouse in the Long Reach Village Center).
- Oakland Mills: Meet at Oakland Mills Village Center (5851 Robert Oliver Place). Clean along the pathway from Stevens Forest Road going toward Route 29. Cleanup is scheduled from 9-11am.
- Owen Brown: Meet at the Lake Elkhorn parking lot on Dockside Lane lot off Cradlerock Way. Clean around Lake Elkhorn and the Forebay area. Cleanup is scheduled from 9am-noon.
- River Hill: Meet at Claret Hall in the River Hill Village Center (6020 Daybreak Circle). Clean the open space area between Columbia Gym and River Hill High School. Cleanup is scheduled from 10am-noon.
- Town Center: Meet at the Downtown Columbia Lakefront (10227 Wincopin Circle) at the large fountain. Clean around Lake Kittamaqundi. Cleanup is scheduled from 9am-noon.
- Wilde Lake: Meet at Wilde Lake Park at bridge WLBR12, which is below the dam. Clean around Wilde Lake. Cleanup is scheduled from 9-11am.
About Columbia Association
Columbia Association (CA) manages Columbia, Maryland, a planned community that is home to more than 100,000 residents and several thousand businesses — and was named the No. 1 small city to live in by Money Magazine in 2016. Additional information about CA is available at ColumbiaAssociation.org.