Thanking Our Amazing Teachers
Tis the season for gratitude
And we want to thank our teachers!
The Howard County Public School System is still taking input for how the spring semester instructional model will look. Regardless of that decision, we know our teachers have been working harder than ever to make lessons come to life through a computer screen. Whether we go to a hybrid model for instruction or not, our teachers deserve to know that we are thankful for their hard work.
Benefits of an attitude for gratitude
It’s scientifically proven that showing gratitude does a lot of positive things for your mental and physical health. We could all use a health boost right now, right? Plus, it helps you sleep, improves self-esteem and makes you more empathetic.
There are lots of activities you can do with your family to encourage on a regular basis.
- Encourage random acts of kindness
- Start a gratitude jar or journal
- Turn “I’m sorry” sentiments into “thank you” statements (i.e. – “I’m sorry I’m late” becomes “Thank you for waiting.”)
- Model gratitude
Easy ways to say “thank you” to our teachers
Back to our wonderful teachers! Here are some ways you and your students’ classmates can team up and show you appreciation:
- Coordinate a thank you book with classmates
- Plant a garden and snip a bouquet or pick veggies just for your teacher
- Craft a handmade card
- Share your favorite recipe
- Get a fun trinket from a locally-owned store
- Write down your favorite jokes and make them into a joke book (laughs are a great gift!)
- Arrange a surprise gratitude party online
- Schedule a drive-by parade or put up yard signs
- Make a Spotify playlist for your teacher to listen to (think of it as a modern day mixtape)
- Chip in for a food delivery gift card
For more tips, check out the CA Parents’ Corner blog.
“Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground.” – Theodore Roosevelt