Brain Breaks for You and Your Kids
November 18, 2020
How to Step Away From the Screen and Take a Brain Break
We are all guilty of forgetting to step away from work for just a moment, and it can set us all up for success. Brain breaks should be seen as an essential part of the day and not an exception to turn to when your family gets antsy.
Our favorite brain break options
Our friends at HCPSS tracked down this awesome list of brain breaks. Here are some of our favorites:
- Impromptu dance party – If you need help with the soundtrack, we have a kid-friendly playlist on CA’s Spotify.
- Short comedy show – Make each other laugh by each telling your favorite joke.
- Coloring – Adults, this one’s for you too. Coloring is a great way to focus on a singular project and be a little creative at the same time.
- Hot potato – Gotta love a classic! Grab a ball or small, plush item and pass it around. You can even incorporate different themes into the game, like categories, even/odd numbers, etc.
- Rock, Paper, Scissors – Another great, fast game to take your mind off work for a few minutes.
Brain break bonus!
If you haven’t experienced CA personal trainer Andy Guerin (aka – Coach Andy) and his quick kids’ boot camp, check that out. It’s a perfect way to just press play and get everyone up and moving. Might not be a bad idea to get out of your chair too 😉
For more tips, check out the CA Parents’ Corner blog.
“In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity.” – Albert Einstein