- Village board: 7
- CA board: 1
Save the date:
- Tuesday, February 14- Friday, March 3: Candidate packets can be picked up at The Other Barn during business hours (10am-4pm, Monday through Thursday) or downloaded at OaklandMills.org.
- February 22: Virtual Information Session on Serving on the OM Board/Columbia Council Representative (link available on the Oakland Mills website).
- Friday, March 3*: Candidate applications are due by 4pm. Completed applications can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or hand delivered to The Other Barn during business hours.
- *On March 3, staff will only collect applications from 3:30-4pm.
- Monday, March 6: Candidate statements (100- and 150-word count) from all candidates are due via email to both email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tuesday, April 4: Election forum, 7-8:30pm (link available on the Oakland Mills website).
- Saturday, April 22: Election day!
[Updated 4/25] All candidates with asteriks next to their names are elected in 2023.
[Updated 3/22] This year, there are seven open seats up for a vote on the Oakland Mills village board, and the village received four candidate nominations. This makes it a non-contested election. However, there is a contested race for the Oakland Mills representative on the CA Board of Directors (two nominations for one open seat).
- Village board (7 openings)
- Rebecca Bryant*
- Jonathan Edelson*
- Bill McCormack Jr*
- Warren Wortman*
- CA Board of Directors (1 opening)
- Karin E. Emery* (359)
- Amy Brooks (283)
Who can vote:
- Owners or renters in compliance with Oakland Mills covenants.
- Only one vote is permitted for each property. In the case of a rental property, both owner and tenant may cast a ballot.
How to vote:
- Eligible voters in Oakland Mills can vote online, in-person or via mail-in absentee ballot.
Save the date:
- Late March/Early April: Newsletter with candidate info and ballots mailed to eligible voters.
- Tuesday, April 4: Election forum.
- Friday, April 21: Online voting closes at 12pm. Mail-in ballots must be postmarked on or before this date.
- Saturday, April 22: Election Day! In-person voting is open 8:30am-5pm at The Other Barn. There will also be a paper shredding event from 8:30-11:30am in the Police Trailer Parking Lot.
- Thursday, April 27: Mail-in ballots must be received by 11:59pm.
Have a question about how to run or vote?
For more information, visit the Oakland Mills Community Association (OMCA) website.