Your Guide to CA’s 2022 Pool Season
We can’t wait to welcome you back to our outdoor pools this summer! The Aquatics team is hard at work prepping all 23 pools for their big debut on Saturday, May 28.
Need a refresher on our pool rules? Check out CA’s policies and FAQs here. Here are some other reminders about what to expect and highlights to look forward to!
Save the date
- Tues, May 31: CNSL starts
- Wed, June 1: Yoga at Stevens Forest Pool starts (see schedule here)
- Sun, June 5: Aqua fitness classes at Swansfield Pool start
- Sun, June 12: Second Sunday (free entry for Columbia Cardholders)
- Sun, June 12: Free swim lessons at Hawthorn Pool (learn more here)
- Sun, June 12: Aqua fitness classes at Stevens Forest Pool start
- Sun, June 19: Free swim lessons at Dickinson Pool (learn more here)
- Sun, June 19: Columbia Sprint Triathlon (learn more here)
- Thurs, June 23: World’s Largest Swim Lesson at Running Brook Pool (learn more here)
- Sun, July 10: Second Sunday (free entry for Columbia Cardholders)
- Sun, July 10: Columbia Pedal & Paddle (learn more here)
- Sun, July 17: Kids Triathlon (learn more here)
- Sat-Sun, July 23-24: Coral Reef Encounter (learn more here)
- Sun, August 14: Second Sunday (free entry for Columbia Cardholders)
New: Pool noodle test policy
The Aquatics team is testing out a new pilot policy this summer to allow noodle play in 10 of our smaller pools during rec swim time. We’ll look to you, the community, for feedback regarding next summer’s policy!
The test pool locations are Bryant Woods, Dasher Green, Faulkner Ridge, Hobbit’s Glen, Jeffers Hill, Locust Park, MacGill’s Common, Running Brook and Talbott Springs. We appreciate your cooperation with the following guidelines:
- No aggressive play
- Non-swimmers must use life vest
- Foam pool noodles are allowed in rec swim areas only (no diving wells or lap lanes) as long as space permits
- Foam pool noodle use may be restricted during special events for safety
Columbia Cardholder perks
Columbia Cardholders get four guest passes for the 2022 season, which can be used Monday through Thursday (excluding holidays).
All Columbia Cardholders can also enjoy free admission to CA’s outdoor pools on the second Sunday of each month (June 12, July 10 and August 14).
As a reminder, obtaining a Columbia Cardholder is an easy (and free) process. If you’re a resident of CA-assessed property, contact CA’s Customer Care Team at CMSC@ ColumbiaAssociation.org or 410-730-1801.
Food trucks return
Just like last year, you can look forward to a variety of food and refreshments from local vendors all summer long. Food truck listings and schedules will be posted here closer to Memorial Day.
Wibit™ Wednesdays & ultimate rec swim
Kids and kids-at-heart, get excited for the return of the Wibit pool obstacle course and ultimate rec swim! Wibit Wednesdays will take place at Hawthorn Pool from 1-4pm, and ultimate rec swim (rec time with fewer restrictions on toys and floats allowed in the pool) will take place Monday through Friday at Jeffers Hill Pool.
As a reminder, CA’s outdoor pools accept electronic payments and CA gift cards only. Cash will not be accepted.
Military members and their families pay Columbia Cardholder admission rates at Faulkner Ridge, Jeffers Hill, Macgill’s Common, Running Brook and Talbott Springs.
Here’s to a safe, enjoyable summer — we can’t wait to see you!