Starting Monday, June 5, the front cardio/strength area at Columbia Gym will close to begin renovations for an even better member experience. Upon completion of the front cardio area, the main fitness floor will close for renovations several weeks. Columbia Gym will also complete annual maintenance during this period.
- Front cardio/strength space across from the main check in will be designated for cardio equipment. This space will receive new flooring and finishes as well as a new equipment layout.
- The main fitness floor will receive new flooring and finishes as well as an updated layout featuring a new Life Fitness selectorized strength line, five strength (power) racks, three independent platforms, a selection of cardio and areas for functional training/ dedicated stretching.
- General maintenance to the pool, arena floors and other areas of the club will also be performed during renovations.
- During the renovations, all Columbia Gym 1Fit members will be invited to use the Athletic Club and Supreme Sports Club.
- The front cardio/strength room will be closed from Monday, June 5 for several weeks.
- Upon completion of the front cardio room, the main fitness floor will shut down for several weeks (likely the remainder of the summer in early fall.)
- The pool will close from Monday, July 10- Sunday, July 16 for annual maintenance.
- Arena court annual maintenance timeline TBD.
What is the scope of the renovations to the fitness areas?
The front cardio/strength area renovations are set to begin on Monday, June 5. This project focuses on creating a dedicated cardio room with new flooring, new finishes and an updating cardio equipment layout.
The main fitness floor will close upon completion of the front cardio area renovations. We anticipate this closure to occur in July. Work includes creating an open, more functional floor layout with new flooring and finishes. Several new pieces of strength equipment will be installed including a new selectorized strength line, a multi-tower cable system, and several new racks and lifting platforms.
Additionally, there will be facility maintenance performed over the summer. We anticipate the annual pool maintenance to last one week and begin on Monday, July 11. We anticipate the Studio 1 and arena floor maintenance to last under two weeks in mid-summer. Sections of the club will also undergo painting.
How long will the renovations last?
The cardio room renovations are anticipated to continue into July. Construction on the main fitness floor will begin after the cardio area reopens and is anticipated to last through the summer into early Fall. We will provide updated timelines as the construction progresses.
How will the construction impact our visits?
During phased renovations, sections of the fitness areas will be closed. Once the main fitness floor closes, there will be limited strength training equipment. Individuals who access the Women’s Gym will have strength equipment available in that space. The functional training equipment available in the Tribe Training Studio will remain accessible when the studio is not in use for scheduled group training sessions.
We do not anticipate any significant impacts to any other areas of the facility. Group Fitness, Pilates, Martial Arts, Swim Lesson and Kidspace programming will continue. Pivot will continue to provide physical therapy services.
What should I do if I am a Columbia Gym 1Fit member?
All Columbia Gym 1Fit members will have access to Columbia Athletic Club and Supreme Sports Club during the fitness renovations.
What if I participate in personal training, Tribe Team Training or other group training at Columbia Gym?
Columbia Gym will continue to feature Tribe and other group training within the club. Personal trainers will work with their clients to relocate training sessions within Columbia Gym or move to another CA fitness club.